It doesn’t matter whether you own the vehicle you are driving or you are renting it to eventually own it, all automobile vehicles on the Gold Coast, regardless of brand or size, require regular maintenance. Without regular maintenance, your car becomes susceptible to more serious and complicated problems in the long term and it could cost you a lot of money. Therefore, routine maintenance is a must as it greatly reduces potential problems that may occur in the future. Not only does it avoid potential problems, it also helps improve the quality of your vehicle.
What happens if you fail to maintain your vehicle? What potential problems are you going to face?
Again, if you don’t maintain your vehicle, you are putting it at risk of damage maybe not today but in the near future. Below are some of the possible problems you may face if you disregard regular car maintenance.
- The need to have your cylinder fixed or replaced – a clear indicator that you have already neglected your vehicle is if your cylinder already needs to be fixed or replaced. A defective cylinder usually occurs when the correct mix of air, fuel and sparks are missing. This could lead to overheating and then eventually failing. Labor and repair costs are extremely pricey. All this can be avoided if you schedule a regular maintenance check for your vehicle.
- The need to have your transmission assembly replaced – transmission problems are very rare and it only occurs when your vehicle doesn’t undergo regular maintenance. As soon as you get your hands on your car, check the manufacturer’s guide and manual so you’ll know what services you need to make use of for your vehicle. If your transmission is defective, your will not be able to turn your car.
- The need to replace spark plugs and cylinder heard – again, if your spark plugs and cylinder head are not properly maintained, this could lead to engine failure.
What are the vehicle maintenance services you need to do?
There are several maintenance tasks you need to cover regularly to avoid damaging your vehicle. Some of the tasks you can do yourself so there is virtually no reason why you shouldn’t do it. Here they are.
- Check your fluids regularly – this is very important because if you don’t check them, you might experience engine failure as a result of overheating. The fluids that need checking include transmission fluid, engine coolant and your oil. When they are running low, refill them as soon as possible.
- Regularly change your oil – the bloodline of your engine is your oil, which is why it is vital that your oil level is always enough so your engine can run efficiently. In most cases, your car dealer will remind you to change your oil for a specific number mileage. Usually it is every three thousand miles for best performance.
- Check your tire pressure – don’t disregard your tires. It is highly necessary that you constantly check the amount of air in your tires. If you don’t have the right tire pressure, it could lead to tire wear and as a consequence, you will have no choice but to change your tires more regularly and mind you, this can be expensive. If you have too much air in your tires, it could also lead to it blowing out. It is important you know the right pressure for each of your tires. If you don’t, check the vehicle manual.
Three of the most common reasons why vehicle owners fail to have their cars tuned-up and serviced is because of laziness, lack of awareness and ignorance. The truth of the matter is, car maintenance is not that hard and it’s not that expensive as well. In fact, some of the maintenance tasks only require a couple of minutes or hours to finish such as checking tire pressures and engine fluids and changing your vehicle’s oil. If you don’t know what services to get for your vehicle you can always go back to your vehicle handbook or manual for reference or you can ask a professional for some knowledge and assistance on what to do. Bottom line is, car maintenance is essential one way or the other.